Monday, November 23, 2009

So much to say sugar schnookems!

So back in the day, in fact, the very day, that the no-liquids-through-security thing happened, I was flying from New Mexico to Texas. Now, that's nothing compared to Siobhan in Scotland at the time (where the main threat was occurring). Nonetheless, we have the infamous 3-1-1 rule due to that day.

This time, the computer glitch happened. A computer glitch which erased all of the scheduled flight plans across the nation for the morning. I guess you can say I just have really good timing. Although, I wasn't so much upset about it as this flight, as well as the last one, was free. It was simply funny to fall asleep at 6am, the scheduled time of departure, on the runway, only to wake up almost 2 hours later on that same runway.
More importantly, welcome to the Hansion. Twas here that I spent the last four evenings enjoying a time of relaxation, amazing food and more fun than I can handle. That's the Hansens for ya!
For Liz's birthday, her small group friends came over for a fun meal (featured: Cody, Liz, Todd and Michelle). Below is me showing off the meal, as well as sending a hint toward my parents to include more pictures of their exotic meals across the pond. ;)
Yummy!! Steak, roasted broccoli, mushrooms, twice baked potato, and a scrumptious biscuit.
Here are the three ladies rocking it out to Beatles Rock Band on the Wii. That's right, I sang. All five us played every instrument, and enjoyed the hilarious lyrics of some Beatles' classics. Cody was so great at the "Shoot Me!" line in Come Together and Michelle was cracking me up (I couldn't breathe!) with "Goog g'joob" in I Am The Walrus.
Random but true: I happen to love the LoveSac. In fact, I scared Rory many a time as I would run and jump onto it, sinking in for the perfect view for movie time. Or Big Bang Theory time. keehee.

Random but also true: a few times we played various board games from Monopoly the card game to Avalanche. One evening featured Scattegories, where Cody rocked it. But I must mention two fantastic moments. The first was when we had the letter S and we were to write a term of endearment--Liz wrote Schnookems and I wrote Sugar. Cody had written Sugar Schnookems! Cancelled them both out! The other great moment was when we had the letter L and were to write a song title. Cody wrote Love. To which both Liz and I said, "Oh yeah? How does that one go?"

"I looooooove youuuuuu.. yes I doooooooooo!"

We guffawed! We gave it to him for sounding so silly. And continued to sing the song throughout the rest of the weekend.
Ahh! Embracing one of my favorite semi-traditions between Liz and I. That is, it only occurs when we're able to see each other for our birthdays. I had made her a cake the year after she graduated (the year before was the Hanson concert), and then she made one for me last year. This year, I baked while she was away for a couple hours at work. It was practically Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in cake form. I added sprinkles for her name.. and enjoyed some of the homemade icing..

Oh, and there might have been about 4 sticks of butter involved in the making of the cake. It was nice to get a slice almost every day. Splurge on vacation, as I always say!
In case you were wondering who Rory was, it's the Hansen's cat that always reminded me of my one and only cat Shiloh. This one is a crazy one though, and I love messing with her!
This was taken early in the morning. Can you tell? haha. Unfortunately, it was my last morning there. Ahh, it was so good to see my dear friend again!! She is one of the best to talk and be silly with. No wonder we made such great roomies!

2 comments:

lizh said...

love your summary of the weekend. no mention of sweet muffins, though? also, it's michelle, not melissa, but she probably won't read this so no big cheese. i had an awesome time with you, and SWEET MUFFINS! I MISS YOU!!

Unknown said...

HAHA.

when i tell the story to everyone else, i definitely say michelle. weird.. guess i was thinking of blair and melissa.

and about sweet muffins, i couldn't figure out how to install it. but that's okay to keep it between me and you. it's like sparky and scooter!!