Thursday, November 5, 2009

HP Hoe Down

My Texas roots came back to me last night :) The best part of this line dancing is the kid in the blue jacket in the corner. His name is Micah, and we worked that whole song (I Got Friends in Low Places--all the references to alcoholic beverages were replaced with grape juice, milk and koolaid) to get the electric slide down. I was so proud of him! hehe
Here's the sweet band that played Fulsom Prison Blues, Ghostbusters, and John Mayer's No Such Thing. Quite the variety for a hoe down, but it was mainly entertainment music. You can bet that I loved the last one.

And of course I'm wearing plaid. Hoe downs don't come often out here. But then again, my first hoe down came in Nevada, and the next came while I was staying for a week in New Mexico. Hmm.. I shall never forget NM. 300 college students doing 2 straight hours of square and line dances. Good times, great oldies.

No comments: