Wednesday, November 18, 2009

God moments

Got to share the gospel with a student today. Good news gets sweeter every time around.

22 students came to Fusion, all because one student chose to bring his boy scouts group. Many of their parents stayed to make sure everything went well (we were playing dodge ball for most of the evening. Small groups at the end). They enjoyed it, and I told them about what we do at Fusion and that they're always welcome.

The only injury of the night was a ball to the face. My face, in fact. It still cracks me up that it happened literally during the last ten seconds of the last game after an hour 15 of play.

It's only a flesh wound!

God rocks.

Then there was the fact that Star Trek came out yesterday. One of my blog readers had asked me about it on gchat. I explained how I wasn't planning on buying the movie, due to lack of funds, so he generously gave me the funds to buy it through iTunes. The funny part was having to create a Canadian iTunes account to do so. So worth it, and I may watch it again tonight while I pack. And yes, I consider this a God moment too.

"Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mothers and yours. I dare you to do better."

Seriously, how can you beat that?!

No comments: