Monday, June 28, 2010

Weird

Upward Basketball camp started this week. I'm blessed to get to help out this year, along with fellow Lakeland Baptist friends such as Danielle Presley, Lisa Ridinger, Zach Cast and.. duhn duhn duhn!!! Cailey Cantwell!!

What??? Are you kidding me?? I held Cailey as a baby and now she's driving me to Wendy's for our lunch break?! I couldn't get over it.

The first half of the day, I got the third grade team, while the second half of the day I have a fourth grade team. I easily forget how complicated basketball is and, as I was telling the Ammermans, it's difficult to know what part of the game to focus on during our 15 minute practices before our scrimmages. There's offensive positions, defense, shooting, passing, half court rules, passing, dribbling, other rules. And yes, passing is a big deal to me, because it's so tiring to watch players hold onto the ball all to themselves. I'm happy to say that the fourth grade team did give every person a chance to shoot, even the kid who has autism!

I can use your prayers. As I told my Sunday school group, I haven't worked with kids in awhile, so I'm in need of patience and wisdom when it comes to dealing with discipline. This is a great group of kids though, and I'm excited to see what God does through the week!

No comments: