Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The packing begins

This morning, it was short lived. I figured that this is my last week with the Sonnenbergs, so I told Noah that when he got his chores done, we could walk to Steamer's together. He came knocking at my door to say he was ready a mere 10 minutes later!

So then we had a nice stroll through the neighborhood where we just talked about all sorts of things. A great time. As I was walking I was thinking about how weird it will be if I have a chance to see this kid later on in life. Like ten years or so. I'll be in my thirties and he'll probably be finishing up with college. Crazy! Then I thought about how there are times when we subconsciously assess whether we're having fun during an event. This was definitely fun for me, but I was also thinking about how much we must choose to have fun or not.

That even amongst strangers and uncomfortable times, it's up to you to decide to make the most of the moment.

But I digress. That was followed up with more discussion on youth ministry with Randy. I think I could talk the biz for hours, and it's cool to bounce ideas and philosophies. I learn a lot.

That followed by my final Bible reading time with Rachel! Ahh!!! I don't want it to end! We read part of Job, and then some of my favorite reads (1 Peter 1, Isaiah 40, and 1 Samuel 13-14). I love that girl so much, and I will miss her deeply!! Any way so we prayed and hung out for a total of 2 hours.

So I got back to the office and tried to finish the devotionals for the Denver Mission Trip next week. To no avail, because by that time it was already 6pm and I had to be at the Hock's for dinner. My oh my that was delicious, and it was a joy to hear Marcus play the piano. I think he might be one of the best that I know.

We played cornball after that, and I got a little competitive. Had a great time (not just because I won, I swear!), because of how back and forth all the games were. I was always against Marcus, and I kept canceling out his points which led to a lot of laughter and frustration. hehe.

'Bout to watch a movie with Marie, but I promise in the morning I'll get to some packing! I have two more boxes of clothes to get rid of, and then I'm going to work to get all my stuff down to two suitcases! Woo! My major problem will be letting go of books, I think...

No comments: