Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby sittin

One of the best parts of being home and not having much on my plate is the excuse to hang out with this guy.That's right. "Favorite" Aunt Sharayah gets her quality time with little sobrino Nolan!

Today was the first time I've heard him really cry, which was so.. dare I say it? Cute. Beth had told me that she was only giving him 2 ounces every two hours because of how much he was spitting up. For those of you who don't know, Nolan has been struggling to gain weight. So to remedy the sadness, I gave him another ounce and a half, because honestly I didn't know what else to do.

Sure enough, he's falling asleep, while smiling and sucking on the bottle. His eyes are so big and bright, I'm just staring back and happy that he's happy. But here's the catch, before he can fall asleep he's gotta burp. I even tell him, "You know little buddy, I'm gonna need--"

BUUUUUURRRRRPPPPP!!!

I was in the midst of setting up to pat his back when this came out. Probably a good 4.7 of the richter scale. Then I let him fall asleep on my stomach. Cutest. Thing. Ever.

I thought I'd also include how energetic he was before the big cry. I think he's gonna grow up to be very active. Runner? Soccer player (as he was watching the US game at the time)? Baseball player? Only time will tell..

No comments: