Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sharing is caring

And the best gift is presence.

Both lines are stolen, but they happen to be what I've been thinking about lately. I'll keep it simple because I need to study Spanish tonight, and I have a really great book to continue. Oh right. I'm also meeting with a former student at 8:30am, a time I don't often see in my line of work :P

Basically, the reason a lot of our friendships get into ruts is because we're not willing to share. Time is the main thing, but gas money is another that I think of. As well as experiences. To revive the mantra from an earlier blog (or two), make the circle bigger.

Secondly, I don't have a lot. But if I show up to stuff, a person feels more appreciated. When people join me in the things I like to do, I also feel loved.

That is all. To keep up with the cliches, short and sweet.

No comments: