Friday, May 7, 2010

Ramblin'

Ok. I didn't want to do this, but..

..and I know nothing is going to come of it..

it's just..

when someone prays in Spanish..

he calls to make sure I'm coming..

knows it's me even though I'm a good distance away..

gets water for me when I didn't ask for it..

walks me to my car..

I just can't help but have my heart melt a little bit.

I'll call it a glimpse, and I'll just be thankful. Someday.. someday..

Today I ran 5.25 miles. Not bad after only training for a few weeks. Met with Allison. Stefan was there too. Enjoyed Christy's graduation party (cake!). Hung out with my friend. Watched a little baseball, played a little Rummikub. Contemplating whether I run the 5k tomorrow..

And a student sent me a graduation card. Say it with me, "Awww.." The end is near and I'm both very happy and very sad. Vicky was right when she said I'd be missing my students. Missing them even feels like an understatement. But it is time to go..

I'm reading Acts right now, so it's reminding me of how much Paul was on the move. I'm no Paul (not even by a long shot!), but I'm continuing to see my inability to call a place home. God is my dwelling place.

Also had a good conversation with Him today. I'm constantly finding myself broken, and somehow He keeps taking me in. I love Him. I don't always show this very well, and I keep seeing ways that I take Him for granted. Trying to play the faith card.. He always catches my bluff, and I'm glad I can't get away with it. No matter how stubborn I am a lot of the times.

1 comment:

Marla said...

"God is my dwelling place" - great line. And I find it interesting that the word verification for this comment is "gatspi". hmmm