Sunday, January 31, 2010

Forward motion

Two references really. That is Relient K as well as FM Static. 10 electronic points to you if you recognized that. Now on to the purpose. Some things I'm looking forward to:
  1. Not so many lights in the neighborhood that hinder me from seeing the stars at night.
  2. Possibly even seeing stars I've yet to see (cough Southern Hemisphere cough).
  3. Long.. long.. long meals with people. Meals that probably start after 8pm.
  4. Struggling with language barriers.
  5. Food that has a bit more flavor to it (although I am thankful whenever Yolanda cooks. That helps!).
  6. Having more time to memorize Scripture.
  7. Surrounding myself with people who think different than me on a cultural and spiritual level.
  8. Being a minority.
  9. Streeeeeeeeeetching myself in every capacity.
None of it will be easy, but I'm still getting excited about it. I know His plan is best, and I know that He loves me so very much. More than I could ever deserve!

Also, great night at Flatirons tonight. As well as Old Chicago after. :)

OOH!! Almost forgot (as this is an addendum), I look forward to not having a car again. That was a good time in college, and I just got back from a two hour walk. I miss walks. I'm glad I've done a lot of walking so far. Though, as a funny side note, I'm currently typing very slow because of how cold I am from the walk outside. Still worth it.

2 comments:

marty attempting to blog said...

South American food is quite bland, my friends are wimps when it comes to texmex food

Unknown said...

still more exciting than hamburgers all the time. even if i love wendy's.