Friday, January 1, 2010

Cardiac Cats

Seeing how I commented on last year's bowl game, I figured I'd write a little here.

Mainly because, THAT GAME WAS FLIPPING CRAZY!!!

I went to Maloney's in downtown Denver to watch with fellow alumni. It was super cute to see the former band nerds playing their air instruments, and always being so keen to sing the fight song after every touch down. I loved it, really.

And it was great to see Scott and Marisa again. I realized I hadn't seen them since my freshmen year, and honestly, that is a crime! We caught up a lot on life, and as always, I enjoy observing the young married couples who follow after the Lord. There is so much to learn from them.

But back to the game. I swear, I was going nuts! They had announced on three separate occasions how Auburn had won, only to be defied by another flag. And props to NU tying in the last 6 minutes of the game. WITH a beautiful two point conversion I might add. Made me think of the Boise St. v. Oklahoma game in 2007 that I had perhaps equally gone crazy during. Phew.

Bummer that they lost. Bummer that it ended with Zeke getting tackled. Bummer for Demos too. Nonetheless, both Zeke and Brewer played a great game. Honestly though, still a little disappointed that Kafka had 5 INT, after having only 7 in the season.

In other news, my room has been (mostly) cleaned for an important guest coming soon. I was very happy to put up all of my postcards from around the world--I now have four from the Middle East. Though I'm noticing that I am severely lacking from Southeast Asia, Africa and Australia.. I only have one from Latin America too. Hmm.. But can you say that you have a postcard from Oman?

No comments: