Thursday, January 7, 2010

First time for everything

Just a quick documentation of my first Avs game. We were given tickets at the last moment, and decided to go. Over the snow covered highways and through the city, to the Pepsi center we go!!

They lost. But the seats were great not only because they were close to the ice, but also because we were sitting in front of several guys speaking French. At first I couldn't tell what language they were speaking because they were speaking slow--almost as if it were drunk mumble talk. I knew it was definitely another language. Portuguese? I thought at one moment. And then I kicked myself. French makes so much more sense at a hockey game :P

Any way, it was cool to hear them get excited during the game, and it made me think of a certain card game rule we had added. Oui oui!!

No comments: