Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sitting by the space heater and in it to win it

We are so happy to be on the verge of skiing/snowboarding at Loveland Basin! We even wore our pigtails to celebrate the occasion. (Why Loveland to all of you hardcore snowboarders? Because we had a coupon for $40 lift tickets--regular price is $59. Can't beat that.)
I wish you could say that was me buckling into my bindings on the left, with the cool view. Alas, I was behind Sharon at this point. But isn't this beautiful? I also enjoy the guy who just collapsed in the bottom right of this picture. Quite amusing.
Sharon laughed at how specific I was with how strangers needed to take our picture. I can't help that I want to make sure the mountains were included. And hey, we got the photo we wanted. As Sharon says, "Ask and you shall receive."

So as you can see, Sharon was my important guest. She was making her way to Luke and Melanie's wedding this weekend. We decided to spend a day in the mountains, and then the next day we would chill so that I could prepare for Fusion (which was so fun by the way).

We enjoyed some Mediterranean food for lunch, as well as (and throughout the time of her being here) good conversation. Good laughter too. Duh. Perhaps it had something to do with Sharon enjoying sitting by the space heater in my room all the time. And speaking yiddish:

Er hot saichel, ober er iz a noodnik.

Wish I could have transitioned to that better, but oh well. The other reference included in the title of the blog has to do with a weekend of.. um.. a certain movie marathon.

You see, I had told a former cheerleader, one of my favorite students (I seem to have a lot of those, huh?), about the guilty pleasure of liking a certain movie as well as its offspring, so to speak. So we decided to make a night of it, watching the first and the second last Saturday. After telling Sharon about this, we chose to rent the third of the series (both of us have seen the fourth.. and love it) because we heard good things. I ended up falling asleep at the climax of the movie (surprised?), but the movie was as cheesy as intended. No regrets. But don't worry, it's not, nor ever will be.. High School Musical. Did I just throw up in my mouth a little bit?

Moral of the story: who's visiting me next?!?

1 comment:

ana said...

beautiful picture!