Saturday, January 23, 2010

See if you can follow

It's a Hard Rock life. That is, Bible study in the Denver Hard Rock Cafe this morning with Soong-Chan. History of the Arapahoe Indians in Colorado. A desire to remember those who come before us. History. I am a part of that history as much as I am a part of Jesus' redemptive work.

You make all things new,
Yes, You make all things new,
and I will follow You
Forward..

Story. I've heard this before. It's been tingling my ears so much as of late. The story of Christ; the connection that runs deeper than the ink on the page. The presupposition that you can just change the law to change the heart. It's not reading the red letters and saying "Do this," but asking "Why?" It's the sacredness of questioning everything in fact. It's the recognition that my life is a reflection of who I believe God to be, and what He desires most.

To walk in the garden again.
To be Imago Dei, and Missio Dei.

Come thou fount
Come thou King
Come thou precious Prince of peace.

Shalom. Seeking justice is the shalom. Not just a peace from inner turmoil, but a peace amongst all of creation. We are all trying to make amends. Not just racial reconciliation but racial righteousness. And righteousness can often be translated as justice. What I mean is seeking first His kingdom and righteousness, is really seeking His justice. And then all things shall be added.

To be sure that when I serve, I will not destroy someone's dignity in the process. That I will not get in the way of the story He's already started here, or there. To join Him, and admit that I couldn't do it without Him any way.

Deb prayed for me. She talked about the connection that my story has with hers, and about the joy that is present when she sees my face. This story is huge.

You make all things new
Yes, You make all things new
and I will follow You
Forward..

I found God, at the corner of first and Amistad.

What an unbelievable day.

No comments: