Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Land of Gray Ducks

It wasn't until I had gotten to the airport that I realized that I was traveling from the city of the Democratic National Convention, to the city for the Republican National Convention. But that makes sense. I don't keep up with politics, because it has never been my thing. It has always seemed too complicated, too slow a process for my A.D.D. mind to adhere to.

Minneapolis.. White Bear Lake, rather, was beautiful. Not only did I get to spend time with John's amazing family (he's got seven siblings, so it's pretty much a guaranteed blast), but we also got to explore the University of Minnesota, canoe WBL, as well as attend his church, among many other things.


And if you were to get me started on the countless conversations, or even simple moments like reading and/or playing Boggle just with John, you probably wouldn't hear the end of it. Too much fun! Indeed, I was truly blessed to have a weekend away from work (ha, even though I'm only a month into it) to spend with him, and enjoy my first time ever in the land of duck, duck, goose. I mean..

No comments: