Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blog Vomit

I realize it's been a week. And yes, much has happened. I'm not sure where to begin, so how about here:

Last Wednesday was my first major responsibility. That is, running the kick-off pool party for High Point this year. It went really well, as a bunch of students came, and I think they had fun. We mainly just hung out, although there was a game of Watermelon Polo in there. Naturally.

Thursday was a glorious day off, where I finished Generous Orthodoxy, and began The Shack. I also took a break to see probably the funniest movie of the year, Tropic Thunder. Granted, not a movie for the kiddos, but plenty of jokes pointed toward Hollywood's movie industry, which I greatly appreciated. And anything that makes fun of Conrad's Heart of Darkness is also okay with me (such a difficult book, that I'm not even willing to link it. hmph.).

Friday was a busy day. Breakfast with three amazing students at Steamers, then babysitting a ten year old (brother of a super cool student in my small group this year) who absolutely destroyed me in Monopoly. Hangs head in shame... Followed that up with a quick email check, shower, and drive out to hang out with another staff volunteer--Raychel Carpenter. We enjoyed some Chipotle before the first Ralston Valley football game. Now that was a blast. Not only did we get to hang out with even more students, but I was totally brought back to my days at Lewisville. I mean, sure, I only went to.. er.. 4 football games during High School? But I was faithful to the pep rallies, and the main thing I remember was all the drama going on. My absolute favorite to watch!

Saturday was website day. Hopefully that will be launched really soon, so get ready internet, for my website designing skills. Haha. Or something. I'll keep you posted on that.

Sunday I skipped church. Just kidding!! Jason led High Impact this week, and he did such a great job. Go him! And Go Gomez for his first time playing the drums in front of people! Sunday twas also the end of the Olympics, and it was awesome watching the US Men's Volleyball whoop up on Brazil. Oh, and I also got to have a nail painting party with Jordan and her cousin, Allison.

So I'm almost caught up. Monday was letter writing day, where Kendra and I (along with a few students) wrote about 100 postcards to students. What a day. I'm glad we finished it with It Happened One Night. (And I'm glad I got to talk to John after too!)

Other than volleyball this morning with some Warehouse180 people, I've just been working on the website, planning High Point, and anxiously awaiting Thursday morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm glad that you enjoy(ed) talking to me. Also, I'm glad that I finally caught up with your blog (shame on me). It's great! You're a fun writer--keep it up. :D