Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mall Scavenger Hunt

For Fusion this week, I got to coordinate a scavenger hunt at Flatirons Mall. The whole day we were wary of how many students could come, considering the mall is out of the way, and Junior High kids can't drive. Legally. I mean, some of them are taller than me, so they could probably get away with it.

But I digress.

I think about 30 students came, and we immediately dispersed around the mall to take pictures of students doing push-ups in a health store, giving random strangers a high five, singing Kumbaya in a tent, farting in an elevator etc. etc. (the list had 58 possible things--my personal favorite being them going to the Apple store and asking for 10 reasons why a Mac is better than a PC).

Well, I didn't go around taking pictures, as there were too many volunteers. So Jacob Stooke and I walked around to find the students, point, laugh, and such. I was amazed when a mall cop came up to us and apologized for yelling at a group that was crabwalking around Nordstroms. He felt bad for scaring the kids, and for not knowing that we had adult supervision for each group. That was cool.

And, um.. we also might have gotten distracted at Brookstone. Those massage chairs are just too comfortable!!

As a random sidenote, did you know that Obama has his own calendar now? I find that a little obnoxious. I dunno, I just happened to see it at the calendar kiosk after we found some of our kids who had just yelled, "Freedom!" at the top of our lungs. The woman who worked the kiosk asked what they just yelled.

"I think they said 'freedom.'" I responded.

"Hmm, that's weird."

"Yeah, I think they must be middle schoolers."

"Probably."

"How much is this calendar?" haha. Just kidding.

No comments: