Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in the saddle

And then, a whirring of events. Ev's baby was born while I was away, so she obviously has not been in the office. This puts High Point on my shoulders, but thankfully, as I've said many a time before, the volunteers are amazing. They have such servant and eager hearts to serve these students!

Tuesday then, was spent preparing for an event a month away, since I hadn't a chance to make plans with any of the students. I also had a little trouble preparing for a game for Wednesday night. Not too much of a matter, however.

We also had a staff lunch at Chili's, went to Ev's house to see the breathtakingly beautiful Gwyneth, and before we knew it, it was time for Fusion. I remember taking a moment during several games of dodgeball with the Junior High students to praise God. "I get paid to throw a rubber ball at kids."

And today? I took a small break in the middle of completing the preparation of the game to nap, as well as visit with Kendra at Steamer's. In between all of this, I can't seem to put down Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot. Just a mere 17 pages to go.

Then, while tomorrow I'm having lunch with Abby and going to see Jordan's volleyball game at night, this random song on my iPod puzzles me (as well as the fact the iPod is still underlined in red according to spell check) on my drive home from work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm glad you're enjoying the book, and I want to hear all about it.

and of course the natural question... what was the song?

Unknown said...

"kiss from a rose" by seal. it was the theme song for the movie batman forever. to this day, i do not know what it means.