Friday, September 25, 2009

Let's move mountains

This goes back to the "Failure" post, to the last paragraph about how God still picks me of all people to be on his team. I actually have come back to this quote over and over again in TCoT. I just love it!

"[Greg Mortenson's] method of operation, hiring people with limited experience based on gut feelings, forging working alliances with necessarily unsavory characters, and, above all, winging it, while unsettling and unconventional, has moved mountains."

Not that Jesus would "wing it" or live off of "gut feelings", but I believe He was definitely unconventional, and did pick the people, the "unsavory characters", you'd never expect. Manning addresses this in the quote I included previously. Jesus looked at the heart, thinking of David (child number 7 and mere shepherd), at the potential in the human.

May we too, come to trust in the potential that God sees in others, embracing the community known as the church to move forward.

p.s. Kendra, I still call the post about cravings! :)

No comments: