Monday, July 5, 2010

Ultimate thoughts

Haha. No, I'm not being pretentious. It's not as though I'm saying, "Dude!" (which I'm not allowed to call my dad any way), "my thoughts are like.. the ultimate." sigh.

I just got back from a pick up game of ultimate frisbee. Literally, I drove away smiling because of how much fun that was. I've been playing almost every Monday since I got back (last week it was raining), and I have met so many people who love the game, and aren't half bad either. I'm not too good, as I only played every now and then in college, and semi weekly in Colorado. Oh how I miss Colorado's soft grass, on which we would always play barefoot. Any who..

Today was a fun nine on nine game. Had a few assists for goal, and in general got some good passes to me. Not bad for being one of two girls on the field. I praise God that they included me a few times. Plus, I didn't get my run in for the day, so I made it mostly about being the first down the field every time.

In other news, had some fun feeding the ducks at the nearby pond. Found a turtle, but couldn't decide what to name him. Swung on the swing set (naturally). Read the latest from the Ammerman library, The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom. Suddenly contemplating a short stop to a certain watch shop in Haarlem, Netherlands!

Oh, and to round off the evening, finished disc one of LOTR. Just to remind myself that I'm a nerd, and that if Kendra weren't in Alaska, I'd demand she drop by!

No comments: