Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another one

To include another important detail, I got to meet with a friend from Northwestern who's headed out for Haiti this coming week. Please be in prayer for our sister Ashley as she helps with Earthquake damage as well as college-focused ministry for the next three weeks! I'm excited to get back in touch with her after that time (before I leave) to hear the stories! I promise to share them too.

Pictured above however, is not Ashley, but Porscha!! We go way back. As in since 1st grade. When I reminded her of this fact, she said, "Dang, we're old!" But I just said, "Shh! No one has to know!!" hehe

We met at Jason's Deli where we got to catch up on all of the travels thus far in our lives. She's been to Rome, and studied abroad in Australia for a semester. The stories are hilarious, as well as beautiful. She talked of surfing off the coast of Aussie land, and it caused me to become more excited for my chance to surf off the coast of Ireland with Ariel in a month!! Wooo!!

What I also loved about catching up is seeing her story unfold. She talked of not being ready for marriage, but that opportunities in her life to serve others and become less selfish kept popping up for her. I listened in awe as she told the story of taking care of some elderly couples, and I was convicted of my need to reach out to more people who aren't able to help themselves. What was it said in James chapter 1?

Porscha was kind enough to let me have four tickets to the baseball game Thursday night, and this picture is of us after the game. She warms up the outfielders, you see, so we (me, Terra and Billy) got great seats. Unfortunately, however, Rangers lost to the worst team in baseball. C'mon boys!!

No comments: