Friday, April 2, 2010

Goosebumps

When I think about how God works, I'm usually reminded of the small things. I remember Brandon Pinkard (sp?) talking about the hottest week of the year one summer. Yet when he saw a small moment where God obviously did the moving within that week, he got the chills. He got, as grandma would say, the goose pimples.

Today it happened twice. And maybe to others these moments are not so significant. But I have been praying about being able to play in a praise and worship band, especially within the time in Argentina. Playing my saxophone, that is.

So I was talking with Pastor Victor today.. about all sorts of things really.. he's a great guy.. and he offered for me to join the worship team!! I got all teary eyed because I didn't even think to ask. But what a great opportunity, no? A chance to play, and to interact more--force me to use Spanish more--in preparation for the big move? Wow, God, wow.

And then later, I had a hankering for some tortillas and refried beans. How southern of me. Any way, I went with a friend to Qdoba and I noticed the woman behind the counter had a thick accent. I went for the plunge, and had a short, but completely Spanish conversation with her. She said that she moved here recently, and that she was still working on speaking English, although she understands it. She said I spoke Spanish well.

To which, I laughed. But thanked her for the encouragement.

She also didn't charge me for my food. I can say from that simple interaction, I got a fraction more confidence to just speak Espanol mas. No necesito preocuparme. Y pienso debo pedir que ella venga a la iglesia conmigo.

2 comments:

marty attempting to blog said...

Tortillas....southern....? Hay lo que estás pensando? es interno mexicano

Unknown said...

comprendo. pero solo judias y tortillas... what's more, mexico is SOUTH of texas!