Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Best Moments During Persecuted Church*

Back in the fall, I was dressed as Batman. The theme was superheroes night, in case you may have forgotten. So I was hiding in the High Impact room in the shadow of a sign. Two of the junior high guys were sneaking in, and to my surprise, one of them came right toward me. I mean, I was looking right at him, and I figured he had seen me. He was about a foot and a half away when I said in a matter of fact kind of way, "Hey Tyler."

He responded by screaming like a little girl and running away. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even chase him.

-----

Then there was the time when I didn't even have a chance to do anything. Brandon just happened to run around the corner, and, not seeing me, knocked me right over. Ouch. But hilarious.

-----

Then tonight I was thinking I could hide by climbing up top a table. As I climbed, I felt something strange on the ground with my foot. I felt around a little bit more with my toe. "Is someone there?" I whispered.

"Yeah, it's me Grayson, who are you?"

I felt so bad because he thought I was another student.

-----

Basically, this game is so fun. It was nice to have one last run before I leave. I know I still have a couple months left, but this was probably the last of Persecuted Church for me. I'm even more happy that a lot of the students had a great time. Even more stoked that I found out about 4 more plan on coming to Denver Mission Trip!! Many prayers are in order for that trip.

*I feel the need to express that the name of this game is not the best (that which we actually call it is probably worse). The theme of the game though is suggesting the need to share the gospel despite life-threatening circumstances, if that helps. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

No comments: