Sunday, February 28, 2010

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

The title is not suggesting that I have a new found fascination with World of Warcraft (sorry mom, Josh and Matt). This word (if you can call it that) is all I can think to say right now.

I just got off the phone with Helen..

Wait, let me back up further so that I can include some pictures.

Wednesday was the big day. I've been accepted to work in Argentina! Exclamation points times a million really. And on Wednesday I got to go to Hope House with a few teenagers where we cleaned up the kids room. I was encouraged by the zeal of the students.

Thursday was also cool because I had a fantastic lunch with Melissa. I made Orange chicken:We chatted about some of the decisions she's made post-Powderburn, and I'm delighted that I get to be praying for her as she continues in those decisions!

That night was beautiful, as Flatirons Church hosted a prom for folks with disabilities. Again, our students helped out by doing hair and makeup for these gorgeous gals:Here's Christine working on Emily's hair. Emily liked to make fun of me as I was dancing in the coffee shop. She called me crazy, but I couldn't help but smile and think, "I'll become even more undignified than this!" Below we have Reyna doing her fine work:
Seriously, look at how amazing Reyna had done Elsa's hair!
Below is Kira. As soon as Kendra walked in, Kira was eager to show off her beautiful dress (Janelle also did a great job on her hair). It was too cute to miss the photo opportunity!As if that wasn't enough, I stayed after with a couple students to read the Bible. We talked about the transfiguration which led us to talking about the amazing life and witness of Elijah. We prayed for boldness for each other as we continued our weeks, trying to seek where/how God wanted to use us in the places we are. (Some people call that, "Bloom where you're planted")

Then came Friday. A free Chick Fil A chicken biscuit + conversation with Allison. Duh! Awesome. Followed by reading and texting friends to tell them the great news of where I am going, followed by an incredible heart to heart over the Bible with Rachel. Could it get better?

Only with a small dose of soccer. We lost, but I didn't get hurt AND I didn't catch the ball :) I was so energized from the day, but knew that Saturday was coming..

Talked with the Lauren and Kathryn and it was simply refreshing to hear about what's going on in their lives. Oh wait, there's more.

A three hour lunch with Chelsea, who just got back from a YWAM in Australia/Fiji/New Zealand. What a joy to get to hear her stories and how God really moved in her during the summer time on the other side of the world!

Went to the library to pick up my Argentina book/movie holds. That's right, I rented Evita. DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA!!!! Mark, Kendra and I pretty much laughed most of the time. I mean, I appreciated it because the story of Juan and Eva Peron is important to the Argentinian people. The story just isn't told very well in this film, in my opinion. I am fascinated by her life, as I've read about her more in the other books I've borrowed.

Any way, then came Sunday. Another great day with the GROW class. The point that stuck with me was this: sometimes when you make a decision (as in, important life type decision) it's not so much a matter of choosing rightly or wrongly, as it is realizing what God wants to teach you within that choice. As Emeril would say, "Bam!"

Next, a bunch of my church family congratulated me. Oh! Before I got to church I asked God to have someone come to me and ask if they could support me. Totally happened!!! How crazy is that?!?

Then I went to the mall so I could buy this:
Keehee. I bought the Spaniard version, aka Castillian, because Argentina is known to be heavily influenced by Italian. I have a 6 month money back/trade-in guarantee if I happen to change my mind. Looking forward to studying!

Came home to talk with one of my best guy friends from college. I was encouraged to hear what's going on for him, as well as to know how to pray for him. I think that's the best part of learning to and actually support raising--it gives you an excuse to reconnect with some people and to hear how God is moving in their lives!

Which brings me to Helen. My relationship with Helen was short lived at school, but every time we did hang out, it was a gift. And today, conversing with my dear sister was again a blessing. That girl asked to pray for me! Might I say too, I've decided I really want a man (Lord willing) who prays like her!

Phew. It feels like life is going a million miles an hour. Necesito descansar...

Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

kala said...

Yay so excited for you! Good luck with the language learning. Italian is NOT NICE. Haha. Maybe someday we can converse with each other in another language. Cause we're both dorks and I could totally see us doing that. Love you!