Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ok, wow

Sometimes life is just crazy.

Like, I just did the math (wow, did I just start that sentence with "Like"? How valley girl of me), and I've made 43 dollars off of selling 7 books I'll never read again through Amazon. My friend just gave me two boxes of books that she says I can sell and keep the money. This is encouraging considering I might be needing to raise a lot of money for a two-year trip coming up.

Holy smokes. Two years!!! How exciting!!

Holy smokes times two as the pierogi I just ate at the Polish/Czech restaurant this afternoon was crazy delicious! My stomach is thanking me.

I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm leaving TOMORROW to figure out if overseas is the place for me. I'm getting to see three of my best college friends in the meantime. I just talked to two others today on the phone (each of them had super good news too!)!

Wow. Just wow. And this is hardly the half of it!

A song that works well for this occasion and that I'm going to try to learn how to play:

Un dia a la vez, mi Cristo, es lo que pido de ti
Dame la fuerza para vivir un dia a la vez
Ayer ya paso, mi Cristo, y manana quizas no vendra
Ayudame hoy, yo quiero vivir un dia a la vez.

2 comments:

Josh Crain said...

Congrats on the books selling! Have a safe trip and let us know how it goes; count us in on helping you raise some money, too!

marty attempting to blog said...

That was the song your great grandma had played during her funeral. I think of her each time I here it