Sunday, February 21, 2010

The drive home

I realize I should have included my bobblehead Jesus in this photo. Oh well. Here's a view of the beginning of a very long journey of lots and lots of snow. This Texan had no idea she'd ever drive through this kind of weather! There was even a good 15-20min stretch of whiteout, where visibility was limited to just a few cars in front of me!

At a moment of traffic standstill, I took a photo of myself--conqueror of snow driving, work crew member of Powderburn 2010!! And well, I also was bored since all of my fellow riders were asleep (as can be seen with Allison in the background).
Praise the Lord that we got home safe. All credit definitely goes to Him!

3 comments:

jill. said...

praise be for safe travels. it was horrible. i didn't get home until 5am. immediately packed and drove another hour to the airport. boo. i can't imagine what it was like for you guys with the traffic.

THANK YOU for serving me and those radtastic students!

Unknown said...

thank YOU jill! and i'm praying for you as you are in chicago!

Marla said...

I love the pic of you driving the church van. It reminded me of countless trips to the Rockies, to youth retreats, and summer camps... driving a van full of crazy kids. Good times! Good memories.