Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hello.. my name is Inigo Montoya

So I go to watch Sophie and Barry play some ping-pong, having just completed a game of Killer Uno. Sophie seems to be quite proud of the fact that she's winning. I'm proud of her too I might add. She's telling me the score and Barry gives a distraught face. An "I-can't-believe-it" kind of face.

I feel the need to mention that Barry, as I decided just last evening, reminds me of an old college friend. I had just told him this too. I said, "Barry, you remind me so much of this guy named Drew that I went to college with."

"Is that a good thing?" he asked.

I told him that Drew is currently a missionary in ________. Let's just say that Barry LOVES this. Barry has a heart for ministry that's so exciting, and I can't wait to hear about where it leads. And so he grins from ear to ear.

But at this moment, if you'll remember, Barry looks disappointed. Almost ashamed that he's losing. Until he says--

"Oh but Sophie!!!! I forgot to tell you..."

..he switches the ping-pong paddle from one hand to the other..

"I'm not left-handed!!"

I busted out laughing! And it only expounded when with the next serve, Barry crushes it past Sophie. Any PB fan would be proud!

1 comment:

Marla said...

THAT is awesomeness! Loved it!