Monday, February 8, 2010

If I had Twitter

This is what it might have looked like yesterday:

8:43am Greg makes delicious breakfast for me. Yolanda gives a great hug. Both pray for my trip.

8:47am On the way to DIA with Kendra. Whoop!

9:35am US girls Olympic hockey team standing in security line in front of me. All are much shorter than I expected.

9:42am My books outweigh my clothes!

10:35am Delays from de-icing. Praying the next flight is delayed so that I have more time with my girls.

10:37am Just realized I'm in Economy Plus. Yay for more leg room!

10:55am Short nap. Realized the "Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock" BBT episode was playing on the screen. I'll stay awake for this.

12:08pm I'll spend the last hour of the flight reading "Applied Economics." Did I really renew this at the library yesterday?

TIME CHANGE!!

2:06pm Called Ariel and Janna--they're waiting at baggage claim 6!

2:17pm Booking it through the terminal thanks to moving sidewalks. <--for Sara

2:22pm Running hug to Ariel and Sara.

2:26pm "Janna's always late--" running hug to Janna.

2:34pm Invisible table will suit the 4 of us. And a green tea for me :)

3:09pm I'm having such a wonderful time. I wish I didn't have to leave soon.

3:18pm Goodbye hugs. "We should talk more often--call me." Running joke that I'll call at the top of the escalator.

3:20pm I cal at the top of the escalator. "No but seriously, my plane is delayed by an hour." Janna can stay for another half-ish hour, the other two have to go.

3:36pm Sweet hand dryers, Batman!

4:09pm Tribute to fetal position (long standing inside joke between Janna and me).

4:27pm Uh-oh. I took too long. Nice couple lets me cut in line.

4:54pm Boarding a much smaller plane than expected. And I'm burning up from running to the gate. Never had to do that before.

4:58pm Just discreetly reapplied deodorant. Is that awkward?

5:21pm Thanks to the window seat I can see the Ba'hai Temple. Hi Northwestern!

TIME CHANGE!!!

6:50pm Crossword, sudoku, trivia riddles to pass the time.

7:50pm Exiting the labyrinth of the airport. My flight was delayed an hour so I hope I have a ride.

8:26pm Found Ride. Need Wendy's. Doesn't accept my gift card? Lame.

8:43pm Riding to Tyrone! With cute couple talking about how they met through the company.

9:26pm Rooms are nice. Each girl has a great story of why they're here. God, You tell magnificent stories!!

11:46pm "Do you have a man story?" LOL.

4 comments:

jill. said...

i love that ba'hai temple.

Unknown said...

always late? come on! I was being held hostage by the stupid parking lot! I jumped a fence and crossed two lanes of traffic illegally to find you. where's the love?
ps- miss you!

Unknown said...

hehe. oh janna, you're hilarious!

Marla said...

Jumped a fence and crossed 2 lanes of traffic illegally - haha! Even funnier as I pictured it in my head... Jason Bourne style.