Sunday, December 13, 2009

The surprise

Well, as it turns out, a few of you figured out my secret. Not that it was hard to figure out, but most people don't look into things the way you do. And you know who you are. :P

The point is, I've been learning the saxophone these past few months and Christmas Spectacular, the annual youth group talent show (that rocks in every way), was my first chance to perform. I've always been a fan of ska music, so Justin tabbed out Five Iron Frenzy's version of the Rich Mullins classic, You Gotta Get Up. Below is our performance. It's not amazing, and you can definitely hear the parts where we're a little flat. However, I was more happy that I got to play at all. It has been so fun learning the instrument. In fact, if you want to read more of my chronicles of saxophon-ing, just click here. Enjoy!

I would also like to comment on the Spectacular. First of all, boy bands are always funny. I don't know who decided that, but in the end it means that Barry, Michael, Stefan and Tony were hilarious. Next, Bethany was better than Macaulay Culkin. And I'm so proud of Susie for being crazy during the poetry slam. Great work Marcus on the piano; it's crazy to me that you're only in 7th grade. Or 8th. Either way..

There is much more I can say, but I think I'm going to finish packing now. And then maybe continue the Bourne series. I can never get enough of Matt Damon. keehee.

3 comments:

Josh Crain said...

Hahahaha! That was awesome! Great job; NEVER stop learning new things!

marty attempting to blog said...

Ska-lalala-laaa ska-lalala Muy beuno, see you soon

Unknown said...

hahaha, oh sharya, if you want to have a secret as cool as the saxophone, you'e gotta hide it better! Amzing job though! and have fun on your little (not so little) Adventure!