Monday, December 28, 2009

The return voyage

The ten or so hour journey has come to an end. We woke up with the sun, and thankfully met no long waits at the Frankfurt airport. However, there was some confusion with the tickets, and that had to do with me thinking we were flying United when it was really Lufthansa. woops.

I decided to read and watch movies in intervals to pass the time. Kendra and I ended up not sitting together, but I wasn't much for talking any way. So I read about Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, watched a hindi movie, read part of the story of 'Ala al-Din, watched Julie and Julia, read a little more, watched The Time Traveller's Wife..

Chatted a little with my neighbor named Amanda about literature. Turns out she is a grad student who did her thesis on Homer's The Illiad. Right up my alley thanks to my minor.

Then one final flight from DFW to Denver--trust me I would've called if it weren't such a short layover. Finished the story of 'Ala al-Din, which by the way is NOTHING like the movie. Lexie picked us up (!!!) and we got to chat about the trip as well as boot camp experiences. So great to see her!

When I returned home, I realized that I didn't have the key to the house, so I just went to the Ahnold's next door. But my absolute favorite part was when the Sonnenbergs came back (Noah had fencing practice), and Noah came running over to give me a big hug. "I missed you Sharayah!" he said, and it made me feel all warm inside. It's cool to have a little brother. I'm glad too, that I could share some of my Swiss chocolate I had bought in the Frankfurt airport with him.

But my favorite duty-free purchase is shown at the top. keehee.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so glad you girls are home now!! i feel like i haven't seen you in forever!!! :)