Saturday, December 26, 2009

Show off

So another cool incentive to our lift passes included free tubing down a slalom halfway up the mountain. Kendra and I hit it up on our second day in the Alps, where we learned that not only can you tube (and trains are most fun, I must add ;), but you can ride other various plastic toys. I don't know how to describe them, so I guess I must include a picture: The best was the one my pops is holding. I went so fast and so far on that sucker! And yet, I also enjoyed the horses Kendra and I are sitting on, as they are hilarious when you fall off of them.

The video includes our new American friend Connor who went down the hill we really wanted to go down (we weren't allowed because it was deemed too dangerous. psh). I was so jealous of this guy and his pal Brian, whose job it is to make the slalom, and then to test out all the snow toys to make sure we can hit the best speed possible. They get paid for this? Oh yeah, and when they're done for the day they get to snowboard longer than the rest of the people who are there. AND.. they get free room and board. I suppose there are perks to being an engineer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you got to tube in the apls too??????????? gosh..... you guys are so lucky. hurry up an get back here so you can stop having fun without me