Sunday, August 16, 2009

Simply the facts

As I landed in California, the man behind me was holding his three- or four-year old son. He said, "Why is it that you are so kind?" The son replied, "Because.. um.. because I love you."

I still hate California highways. and gas prices.

The part that gets me most at weddings is when the father gives away his daughter.
I did not, say it again, did not, trip in my heels the entire night!

The groomsmen I was paired with had the coolest stache (hehe):

At the end of the evening three beautiful things happened.
  1. I was told by Allyson's mom that I was the reason Ally stayed in California (saying, "I saved her" but I don't really know what that means). She said that I had every reason to hang that over Matt's head. haha.
  2. During the dollar dance, Matt told me that I was the "infamous Sharayah." I then proceeded to tell him what Gail had told me.
  3. Luigi and Mary pulled me aside to say thanks for coming. Then they asked if they could adopt me: partially in view of having "lost" Allyson, partially in view of my parents moving. They said they realized that I probably had about 8 adopted parents, but they would love to get on that bandwagon. I smiled.
I really enjoy helping others out. Whether that be grabbing breakfast for the bride to be, or scaling a wall with the aid of a shopping cart whence locked out of the apartment , or even by just being a listening ear. I am not always the best at it, but I want to be.
The evening ended with me cradling the ring bearer (featured at the beginning of this sequence) to sleep.

Garmin taught me.. recalculating.. showed me that it takes 4.. recalculating.. 3 people for it to work correctly.

I was privileged to give the toast. Allyson said, "Thank you for crying." haha

The bouquet almost hit me in the face.

A fellow groomsmen and I discussed the possibility (though not between each other) of an Adam and Eve themed wedding. We laughed at the thought of a parade of animals walking down the aisle while the groom would point to, say, the turtle and say, "No, you are not suitable!" To the tiger, "You are flippin cool, but you will never do." To the bride (attire was not completely discussed here), "I have found my helper!!!"

Logorrhea is a lovely word.

My favorite other bridesmaid Amethyst and I both did not get manicures or pedicures. The rest of that day was spent hearing interesting justifications as to why spending 25 dollars for such a thing was worth it. One of the gals had even told us that because of their thickness, such nails could be used as flathead screwdrivers if necessary. We laughed at that.

Allyson ties with Liz for being the most beautiful bride I've ever seen in person. (as I said, simply the facts)

No comments: