Monday, August 3, 2009

The Reason, part deaux

In case you don't know the reason to begin with, let me just link it for you. here.

I have stayed in contact with Masha ever since that plane ride. We mainly corresponded through email, but we've also talked a few times on the phone. She has been going through a lot of heartache, and I was thankful I would have the chance to encourage her simply by being a friend to her in a place where she is all alone (long story, but you can be praying for her).

Well, today marks the beginning of Masha's life with Christ!! She has been very gracious with me too, you see, and basically she said this:

"I know that God exists. The fact that He put you on that plane next to me is proof that we would become good friends, and get to experience this time together. You are like a sister to me, and because of God, I am very hopeful for the future."

This is paraphrased. Russians have a unique way of putting things, and I honestly can't capture it well. But I know that she now understands how much God loves her, which is so amazing. And it's not like we said a prayer with all the "right" words or anything. She just.. gets it. And when you hear her talk, you know it's true. The next part, is the hard part. I am so much in prayer for her to have someone that can mentor her and work with her to come to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

She goes back to Russia a month earlier than planned--September 24th. So please lift her up!


1 comment:

marty attempting to blog said...

God is so good to us, when we see a part of His grand scheme it great. It would probably kill us if we saw it all at one time.