Sunday, August 30, 2009

Being Dr. Doolittle

The month of August has been significantly busy. I have house-sitted three houses, and basically I just wanted to take the time to introduce you to some of my new friends.

Here is Toni Hawk. AKA the spawn of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail killer bunny. I've never heard a bunny growl before, and she was quite quick to attack any arm that may reach into the bunny cage. The other funny story is that the reason there is an "i" at the end is because originally, Toni was a Tony. It wasn't until they went to get the rabbit, ahem, fixed, that they realized it was a, ahem, girl. Say hello to Amy. The sweetest dog in the whole world who would cuddle with me each night, keeping my feet warm. :) And funny enough, I was never told the name of this cat, but it definitely makes it in the history books for never once trying to bite or scratch me. I think we have a winner.The house-sitting was funny because of the progression. The first house--one dog. The second--a rabbit and a dog. The final--two dogs (who needed a LOT of medicine) and two cats. I wonder if I'm the only one thinking spiritual multiplication here, and I am therefore definitely not going to accept the next house-sitting offer!!!

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Only slightly annoying to let out the dogs in the middle of the night... Still. $600. Can't complain.

No comments: