Saturday, August 16, 2008

Furnishing the Muscles

This week, work consisted of a little bit more manual labor. "Not the things you expected when you signed up for this job," Donni, the go-to woman of the office, said to me. I laughed, because I knew that there is a little bit of hard(er) work that comes with every job. And trust me, I did very little in comparison to the guys.

I did get to use power tools, and that was a lot of fun. I helped put together curtains for areas we won't want the youth to go into during Wednesday night meetings. And I cut pvc pipes for the temporary walls that we set up around the room. Call me Sharayah the tool woman Taylor. Or not.

The room is looking good, and as soon as we get the youth in it in a couple weeks, I'll make sure and take a picture to give you a sense of what it looks like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will furnish the brains. Have no fear!

Unknown said...

oh, i very much appreciate that!