Thursday, August 7, 2008

Staff Retreat

For the past couple of days, the interns and bosses (that would be all four of us), have been hanging out in a beautiful condo near Breckenridge. This has been an opportunity to get better acquainted with one another as well as to gain a clearer vision of the months to come.

Amanda (who also goes by Ev, see earlier post about the 537 Amandas here) is very organized, and has been able to thoroughly go through our many roles for the coming year. I will slowly be taking over the Wednesday night meetings called High Point, which is geared toward high school students. We talked a lot today about what the preparation and execution of that looks like, and I am getting really excited by the opportunity to take on this kind of leadership. Of course, I'm equally nervous--as in pee-in-my-pants-I-can't-believe-I'm-actually-doing-this nervous. However, I also believe in a powerful God. So there.

I will also be working with Amanda Tate (who goes by Tate) as well as a senior gal named Kayanne, to lead a small group this year. Add this to assistance during retreats and other large group events (Fall Retreat, two ski trips in February-ish!) as well as being in charge of the website (I have a lot of learning to do there..), and I've got myself a pretty full platter. The good news is that they highly encourage taking two days off a week, and they even factor that in during vacation time. (Speaking of, I'm going to Minnesota at the end of this month, and I've never been more excited!)

In addition to all this administrative talk, we have gotten to share our testimonies with one another, and follow that up with any other questions we may have as well as prayer. It is this type of community central atmosphere that encourages me for the coming year.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Woohoo! Minnesota! I wonder who in the world you could be going to see in Minnesota ;)
i might be going to Minnesota or somewhere near there near the end of the month as well. Maybe we will meet. much love! mom