Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's already one?

I have only stayed up this late twice in this month. The first time was last weekend, playing some cards with a friend, and now well.. I'll get to it.

Primero, I got to play the sax again, but you can just read the other blog if you care about that. I also finished one of my books, played a couple rounds of Mario Kart with Noah, and jammed to Kris Allen's "Live Like We're Dyin." First American Idol song I own. And mind you it is NOT country, as someone had mistaken earlier. gag.

The rest of today was so cool. Literally--64 degrees when I decided to go for a little walk to meet with Steph at Steamer's. I decided to try walking and juggling at the same time. The pathway to Steamer's doesn't have many people that can watch, so whenever I dropped I wasn't too embarrassed. It helped a lot, as now I have a couple tricks I've been working on down. And since I got there early, I also just practiced outside the building. When Steph came, she joined me and said she had some juggling balls too. We're gonna make a party out of it! haha.

Oh, and on the way was so funny. There are gnats at certain sections of this path. At first it was working to just juggle through them because they would scatter within the half second before I crossed. But then there was this moment where I started to just hold and avoid them (Note: it's always funny to watch people at a distance avoiding gnats. They look a little mad, as I'm sure I did!). At one point I watched them, and quite literally, they were following me!! I aimed my gaze at a good crowd and as I walked, they swooped forward in conjunction with every step.

Swooped!

When I stopped, they stopped. It was unreal.

But pressing on, it was wonderful getting to discuss the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Steph and I looked at a lot of the New Testament scriptures about the Spirit of truth: John 14:15-31; Acts 2; Acts 19:1-12; 1 Corinthians 12-14; 1 John 4:1-6. To name a few. I am reminded of how much of the spiritual realm I don't understand. As I left, returning to the juggling, I thought about the fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians and started a rhythm with each throw/step. Hmm.. I just tried typing out what I mean and I don't think it translates well. Perhaps I should pray for an interpreter (rim shot!). The point is it was cool.

Then I walked to church. About a 3.28 mile total walk according to Google maps. So great! And church was community night, so just a chill hang out time with plenty of mega four square.

After that, I went to Target with Raychel to look for a wrist brace for her. We ended up having to find the right one at Walmart (sad, I know), but then also took a glance at the hair dye section...I'm back to a reddish color (sorry it's hard to see here), as I've been thinking of doing one last time before my trip. I mean, it was kind of hard to resist when it was only $3.27! Maybe I'm crazy. I got to watch Newsies in the process, and have some fun hang out time with Raych. So really, it was worth it.

A great way to spend my momma's birthday if you ask me!

No comments: