Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All in one day

The day started with an ECard for Janna. She's getting so old!! I'm glad that her birthday comes a day after Nolan's--I will never forget it now. Of course, the card featured Hoops and YoYo, perhaps the best Hallmark characters ever created.Then came lunch, outside, with a student, one whom can use your prayers. I'm so proud of her, as she's desperately wanting to make some changes but doesn't (like all of us) have the strength to change on her own. Pray she believes that God will give her the strength!

Next came ice cream with the staff, again outside because of how beautiful the weather was today. I celebrated by playing the Chase the Sun album by the O.C. Supertones.

And next comes our youth group favorite--ultimate frisbee!! The wind turned our game into rugby/ultimate frisbee. And I brought the juggling balls.. Justin and I had fun stealing back and forth, and then we taught Smiley to join in on the action. Dom was so funny as it was obvious he wanted to play too, but doesn't know how to juggle. So I gave him a few pointers and by the end of a couple tries, he almost had it!

We had a strange cop moment at the park, which made us do a double take. At the end of last summer, some of our students had gotten in trouble by accidentally breaking a tree branch. They love climbing trees. It's okay now, really. But this cop for some reason just started chasing (in his car) after one of our students (in his car) when he had to leave our game early. It was literally the strangest thing. When the student returned, he said that the cop was on his tail for a long time, but then never pulled him over. I don't get it.

Any who, Incognito number two for the year. One student said he saw me about four times, but just thought it was a "regular person." haha. Success!!

Our neighbors were there too, so I found them and they laughed at my disguise. Then I showed off my nephew. Nephew! Such a great word!

No comments: