Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow day in the hizzouse

This is what I woke up to yesterday. You can't tell that it's snowing, but it continued all day, and in fact is snowing still. The students got the day off, and I was jealous of them. I began to make a list of the things I wanted to accomplish in the day (particularly work stuff), only to get a call 5 min later saying the office would be closed yesterday and today. I might have done a little celebration dance..

I mean, I would still get some basic things done, but overall, I spent the day doing other things.

I did not spend the day driving around anywhere. Aww.. Henderson looks so cute.

I did spend the day studying a lot 'o' German, and I read part of my most recent graphic novel called "The Dark Knight Returns." It's pretty dark, but has a lot of things to say about how the media affects our view on criminal activity. I've also had the chance to continue pondering the vigilante idea. A junior high student had posed the question during the all-nighter about what we should have done with Hitler (I used the blog as a basic outline of what I wanted to say). Great question, and I still don't know. I also note that this is the third graphic novel of the year.

In addition, I made a good old fashioned tuna sandwich for lunch; I wrote a letter to Lexie; I took a nap; I watched most of game one of the World Series (major kudos to Lee for his performance).

After dinner was when some of the craziness began. We invited the neighbors over and played a 2 hour game of charades. Here is Noah (my newest brother) getting ready to perform:

The best part, however, is when Kristy, aka Miss Sassy, tried to get the adult team (for some reason I wasn't included on this team. lol) to guess Ozzy Osbourne. Couldn't get more ridiculous than that!!

Turns out too, that her husband Ralph's first language is German, so he got to help me with some of my pronunciation questions (words like unternehmungslustiger and selbstverstandlich. Yeah.. exactly.). And speaking of German, my parents moved yesterday. I got the call from them right before they were getting on the plane. Insane.

Now.. what to do with snow day two??

No comments: