Thursday, July 23, 2009

Review of history

I had lunch with a student today at Chick Fil A. On the way back we were talking about pets, and she mentioned that she used to have a mutt of a dog that they called Teddy. She said that she missed that dog tremendously, but they've gotten another one to make up for the absence.

"It's why we've named our most recent dog Ellie. Like Eleanor Roosevelt."

I paused, second guessing myself. Wasn't Eleanor married to Franklin? I asked her that.

"Oh. wait.. really?" she asked. "Maybe our family needs to research a little before we just name a dog. Kind of takes the meaning out of it, huh?"

Upon returning to the office, I searched wikipedia for more info on the woman, remembering some of the strange rumors I've heard about her. Yeah...

1 comment:

Marla said...

this story made me rofl! and the word verification below is "junce"... what kindda word is that? it almost seems real... i should wikipedia it...
<3 your weird mom ;)