Sunday, July 19, 2009

How cool are you? How high is the sky?*


The following is something one of the students who came to CHIC wrote about on her facebook page (for all to see). She titled it "Life is Great."

Ben and I were reflecting on our experience a few minutes before. I told him, "I don't feel anything, good or bad. I feel depersonalized, like I'm watching myself live my life without any control over anything. I don't think there is a god."

The exact moment when I said the last part a monarch butterfly landed on my hand. I stayed still and felt it tickle my hand. I waved at a boy who walked past me and it still stayed there.

It stayed on my hand for 5 minutes, and then I decided I needed lunch. I moved my hand and the butterfly didn't move. I moved it onto my piece of paper and it didn't leave. Finally it flapped its wings and flew, but instead of flying away it followed us.

I thought about that the whole day and came to the conclusion that God was telling me that he was there and he cared.

In that one moment I was over my depression and I was over my first love. And God is great.

------

*This refers to a moment when Kala and I were in Nevada. It is quite random, but it involved puppets, so it's kind've cool too.

No comments: