Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Surprise

All last week and this week, I have been waiting. When it comes to figuring out future plans, I'm often pretty persistent. Such as when I applied for my summer internship a couple of years ago. I was good at emailing the prospective employers and checking up with my references to make sure everything went through okay.

As of December 17th, I had applied to go to Russia for a two-week trip. My references immediately sent in the info.. And then came the waiting. Then again, I didn't really expect much during Christmas break, although I did think about the opportunity to do support raising sooner than later. Nonetheless, nothing happened.

I chose to email the guy I've been in touch with ever since I saw this trip opportunity in.. I think it was early October. It may have been sooner... Oh! Whenever the season premiere of Heroes was shown, that was when I learned about the possibility of going to Russia. Any way, I emailed my contact asking for an approximate time for a response. He said early that week.

And that was three weeks ago.

Every inch of me wanted to email the following week, and the next, but I kept hearing this small voice inside of me say, "Wait." Wait. Grrr. And eventually, I came to the point where I didn't even put Russia into my future possibilities when explaining the next couple months to my friend who was visiting (more on that later). Literally, minutes after that, she took a bathroom break amidst our conversation.. I checked email.. and there it was.

Accepted. AND it turns out I'll be indirectly influencing teenagers. He knows what He's doing!

Here come the support letters. Bring on the prayers. Oh wait. First, there's Powderburn..

No comments: