Thursday, January 22, 2009

Powderburn, powderburn (to the tune of "Spiderman")


I was so happy when Allyson came to visit last week! This is us preparing for a fantastic snow fight. We were borrowing the Banich coats, and they were a bit over-sized. Then I remembered I still had a couple jackets that would work.


At Winter Park for Powderburn. Rachel took the picture for me. We made it to the top of the Eskimo lift, which happened to also be the place where my binding broke later that day.


Despite the binding issue, how could I be mad? Look at this gorgeous place!

And Powderburn itself was fantastic. It was a chance to examine our brokenness and learn to allow God to make a masterpiece of our hearts. I was personally challenged to serve the youth better, and not to be so selfish with my time. That led to a small group moment where I felt I shouldn't talk at all, but let the students do what they needed. It turned out amazing, and was probably my favorite part of the trip. How neat to see students journaling their prayers, or just praying in silence or reading their Bible for an extended period of time. It felt like being at a dinner table, and everyone was more adament about the taste and enjoyment of the meal. The meal being the Voice of God.

Makes me picture spaghetti, and the sauce getting all over our faces, while the extra-long noodles get slurped up. Delicious.

Ok, maybe I liked the part where we watched Extreme Days on the bus too, and Eric Pellish pronounced loudly, as soon as the credits began to roll, "That was the worst movie I've ever seen!" Haha. And then others heckled him saying it wasn't that bad.

No comments: