Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's true. I haven't written on this in weeks. I've been quite distracted by final days at work before the Christmas break to go back to Texas.

A lot happened. Here is a basic overview:








1. Road trip to McPherson, KS to see long lost bff, Madeline Grennan! We saw everything that was part of that small town: brother's wrestling match, friends' bball game, and a little high school reunion at the local Braum's, and naturally, some girl talk late into the night..

2. John's family was in town for the break, and long story short, LOTS of fun! But seriously, both of our families came together for a lunch at El Chico; John and I were able to have some quality time playing Mario Party, sharing meals, bowling (he won), and just general family hang out time.

3. Spending time with family and getting money (in all forms--such as pictured: Jello). I thoroughly enjoyed playing/watching WiiFit, the new addition to the Longoria household (in case you're wondering, my wii age is twenty). We watched Four Christmases together, and ate plenty of wonderful food!

4. I also spent time with church friends. Here is one of my favorite moments: watching the sad, sad Northwestern bowl game. Lauren is mimmicking the mom of the Mizzou kicker when he missed that 44 yd field goal attempt.

Obviously, there is much more. But we must not neglect what is to come: Coffee and Waxing Party, All-Area Worship, Powderburn, bible study at AWest, conference in Chicago, prayer retreat, and of course, Green Eggs and Ham. To name a few.

To quote Old Blue Eyes, "The Best is Yet to Come."

1 comment:

John said...

Great summary--and although it was unnecessary to mention that I won in bowling, I am glad that you are just that kind :). Good times!