Saturday, August 7, 2010

Family

Currently in San Antonio enjoying the humble abode of Ruben and Elida Quintanilla. It's the second of I guess 4 legs of this journey. The first being hanging out with grandma in Ricardo, the next two being Dublin and Stephenville, Texas--for two very special items of entertainment: sugarcane Dr. Pepper and Baby O. I'm sure there will be pictures.

I'm only kicking myself because I just realized Milena lives in San Antonio. Oh well..

Nevertheless, the best part about visiting family, especially of the Hispanic variety, is that you always feel welcome. I knew I was in the right place after hearing, "So good to see you!" followed by, "Are you hungry? Would you like me to make you something?" I've enjoyed hearing some family stories I hadn't heard before, as well as just basking in the presence of great people to whom I'm privileged to be related. They are all very gracious, very loving. And they know how to cook!

More to come, but just felt the need to write something down. 5 days to NYC!

No comments: