Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This IS Home

In case you haven't caught the drift, I am a little obsessed with this Switchfoot song from the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie. I will say that it is a good background to how I feel right now being in Colorado. I'm finally where I belong, where I belong...

And I say this without even having met more than one of the youth kids. But the reason is that I have already fallen in love with the surrounding mountains, the nearby lake, and the family I am staying with. My dad and I shared a spaghetti dinner with the mom and the daughter last night where we just talked about each other, and had many laughs.

Then today, I spent most of the time hanging out with Jordan (the daughter) getting ready for a camping trip to Wyoming tomorrow. We also watched a couple movies (Vantage Point and Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants), had dinner with the family (with more great laughs), and I am soon to actually pack and go to bed.

I guess technically, tomorrow is my first day of work.

No comments: