Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where in the world is Sharayah?

The answer right now is Moscow. I'm here for the remainder of the trip, and will basically be a tourist. This actually bothers me a bit, because I feel like I'm wasting time. I could very easily be home and back to work. Then I remembered, with the prospect of the doors being closed to US, maybe it is good for me to get to see some of these things and share them with you. I have taken plenty of pictures, especially during the tour of the Kremlin today (wow!). We also plan on taking a tour of all of Moscow tomorrow, and will be attending a ballet (Swan Lake) on Friday.

I must remember that plans change for a reason.

As for the places we travelled, we went to Maikop and Krasnodar which are in the souther peninsula of the Eastern European side of Russia. They are beautiful smaller towns (although apparently Krasnodar has grown significantly over the last few years--now nearing a little less than a million people!). There we got to see how God has been at work in many of the teachers lives. It is amazing their vigor for understanding the Word, for they asked some very deep theological questions that they have come up with from their studies.

Any way, I have written about 35 pages and taken almost 300 pictures of my experiences thus far, and I hope to share them with you when I return. Perhaps via email or letter--we shall see! All in all, I am very thankful for supporters prayers and love.

No comments: