Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gen Update

-- It is November and it was 70 degrees outside today. I took a long walk/run and listened to the Remedy album by David Crowder. And that is all I have about that.

--I didn't dress up for the 4Cs festival, but I face-painted! Kendra and I decorated the faces of young and old, from flowers to dragons to M&M's to horseshoes.. We also painted red masks on ourselves to help intimidate the other team for our soccer game after the festival. One of the players called me Batgirl! Yes!

--We enjoyed the Corn Maze this past Wednesday, and everything ran fairly smoothly. I was also delighted to see that we made almost enough money for a scholarship for Powderburn! God is good!

--This week, speaking of High Point, kicks off the service project month. A lot of prayer is needed for the preparation of that!

--I had dinner with two families this weekend. Saturday night with the Moores, where Rachel and I made tacos. I was sad that they didn't have the taco seasoning I'm used to making them with, but nonetheless it turned out delicious. We also played Hearts afterward. Tonight, I had dinner with the Leasure family, and I found out that the parents went to Pepperdine. We had a lot of laughs, as well as played some Cranium. I might've gotten a little competitive. haha. And I must laugh at myself again for humming the Star Wars themesong. Good moment.

--I started a book about Johnny Cash, and I have another about Bob Dylan for afterward. No, I don't know what exactly got me into a music, much less biography kick.

--Sad that Heroes is not on tomorrow. Annoyed by the election..

--Also sad that Holly is no longer going to be on the Office. I will miss her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!!! sharayah... "gen update"? Is that an abbreve???