Monday, October 13, 2008

Hodge Podge

It's not quite blog vomit. It's just... a plethora of things going on.

One. A lunch with Lebo. She is an inspiration if you'll just listen. For starters, her voice has that African rhythm, which makes sense, as she's from there. And here is what else I will say. I finished the book Red Moon Rising a couple weeks ago. It's about the movement that renewed in Europe to have 24-7 prayer. To me, she is the personification of that book.

Two. I spoke in front of High Impact the other day. I was shaking, but it was so much fun. The podcast should be up tomorrow evening-ish. I will have small group first.

Three. I read Peter Pan, since I picked it up from the library last week (along with some short stories by Langston Hughes, and another book by my favorite childhood author, Avi). I was very impressed with the writing style, as well as the characters. I liked Wendy, despite a lot of her stupidity. I liked her because she is persistent with Peter, always hoping that he'll want to grow up. So I suppose, maybe she's not so stupid after all. She's gracious. hmm

And so on and so on.. This week's High Point will be focusing on prayer, so um.. could you be praying the students enjoy that? Our small group made a movie for next week's HP, where we will be watching all of the Senior High small group movies promoting fall retreat. FALL RETREAT!! I can't believe it's next week!!

Seriously. I've been here for approximately 77 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the "real" Peter Pan. :)

Did you know a new Pan novel is out? This one is VERY different from the rest. Check it out:
http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

BELIEVE!

Anonymous said...

you know i will be praying :D i love to hear about it all. way to go on reading books... you are an inspiration